We ask our customers to check "Additional rules applicable to the handling Personal Information of residents of EEA, the United Kingdom and Kingdom of Thailand", if they apply General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as GDPR) established by the European Union (hereinafter referred to as the EU) and/or the Personal Data Protection Act (hereinafter referred to as PDPA) established by the Kingdom of Thailand.
Also, for customers who are residents of South Korea, please see "To the customers who are residents of South Korea".
Guests located in Republic of China (Taiwan) are asked to read "To the customers who are residents of Republic of China (Taiwan)".
1．Collection of personal information
Direct collection from customersPhone conversations, documents (including electromagnetic records), business cards, verbal communication, Internet, etc.
Collection from individuals who have been granted legitimate authority by a customerApplicants for services, vendors, travel service providers, business partners, package product sellers, and other customer service providers
Collection from public sourcesInternet and newspapers, telephone directories, books and printed materials
2．Purposes of use of personal information
Purposes of use based on the performance of obligations arising from an agreement with a customer
- Transactions relating to the hotel facilities and products (overnight stays, parties, meals, commodity sales, and provision or sales of related products and services as well as event hosting), communications relating to transactions with our business partners and other transactions, shipping of products and payment/settlement of those costs, and matters relating to the above;
- For services related to Sotetsu Hotel Club member bookings and check-in
- To run the Sotetsu Hotels Club and manage membership data within the membership organization, and to provide services to members
- Response to inquires and requests received by the hotel.
- Creation, installation and preservation of a guest register as prescribed in laws and regulations, etc.
Purposes of use based on the consent of customers
*The Hotel cannot provide services unless customers provide relevant personal information. Customer’s consent may be withdrawn at any time.
- To ensure appropriate provision of information and security on the hotel website, as well as statistical analysis related to the maintenance and management of the website, based on information such as cookies, IP addresses, types of browsers and date and time of access collected through the Hotel’s website.
- The Hotel Group shall use personal information for the following marketing purposes with the consent of the customer.
•To announce and send information, advertisements, promotions, and questionnaires regarding Hotel facilities, tenants, business partners, and legitimate business activities of the Sotetsu Hotels Club to the guest by email, mail, courier service, telephone, fax, or other means;
•To analyze browsing and transaction history and to understand usage of service in order to improve, develop, and market services related to Hotel facilities as well as tenant and business partner facilities and products.
3．Types of personal information
Basic customer information (address, name, gender, date of birth, nationality, e-mail address, telephone number, facsimile number, and mailing address, etc.)
Additional customer information (occupation, employment (company name, address, telephone number, department, title), wedding anniversary date, family information (names, relationships, birth dates, etc.)
Payment information (credit card number, bank account information, billing address, etc.)
Service usage information (facility usage history, product purchase history, etc.)
Communication details (e-mails, website form entry details, facsimile, telephone notes, letters, questionnaires, etc.)
Information collected via security systems (security cameras, card keys, etc.)
Information automatically collected at the hotel website (cookies, IP address, browser type, date and time of access, etc.)
Hotel register information (address, name, occupation, nationality, passport number, age, previous place stayed, travel destination, arrival time/date, room type, etc.)
4．Retention period of personal information
5．Management of personal information
6．Disclosure of personal information to third parties and joint use
Limitations on disclosure to third partiesThe Hotel shall not disclose or transfer the personal information of any of our customers unless any of the following applies. If we use personal information jointly or transfer personal information due to business outsourcing, such joint use or transfer shall not be considered as disclosure or transfer to third parties.
- Disclosure or transfer is agreed to by the customer;
- Disclosure or transfer is required to the extent permitted by law;
- Disclosure or transfer is required for the purpose of protecting human life, preventing injury or protecting property and consent cannot be easily obtained from the customer;
- Disclosure or transfer is pursuant to cooperation with official administration of the national or local government and obtainment of the customer’s consent may prevent execution of such administration;
- Disclosure or transfer of statistical data (based on which the customer is not identifiable);
- Disclosure or transfer occurs in connection with a business succession including a merger, spin-off or business transfer;
- When providing personal data to Sotetsu Hotels Club member hotels in Japan and abroad.
Joint use of personal informationThe Hotel is constantly making group-wide efforts to improve our service level, in order to provide high value-added services to our customers. For this purpose, the Hotel will jointly use personal information within the scope mentioned below under strict management.
- Scope of lodging facilities that share and use the personal information
The data shared by the hotel group is shown at the end of the document.
- Personal information items subject to joint use
・Name, gender, date of birth, address, telephone number, and email address
・Information regarding hotel bookings
・Hotel and restaurant usage history for point accumulation
・Point payment history and usage history
・Payment information (credit card number, etc.)
- Purposes of use by the joint users・Operation of the Society and provision of related services
・For tasks related to Member hotel reservations and check-in
・For tasks related to payment of hotel charges and other charges
・To contact or send information necessary to the legitimate business activities of Sotetsu Hotels Club
・To send printed promotional materials from Sotetsu Hotels Club
・Used for marketing activities such as sales promotion and/or product development, etc.
- Persons responsible for the management of jointly-used personal information
Sotetsu Hotel Management CO., LTD.
Address: 2-9-14 Kitasaiwai, Nishi-ku, Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa Japan
Representative: Takamasa Kato
- Scope of lodging facilities that share and use the personal information
7．Collection and use of customers’ histories of visits to and activity on this website
- *1 Behavioral targeting advertising is a method of distributing advertisements that suit the interests of each user based on his/her search history and website browsing information.
- *2 Retargeting advertising is a method of distributing advertisements to users who have previously visited the website. Third-party providers such as ad serving operators may collect and use the cookie information *3, etc. of customers who visit our website
- *3 Cookies refers to a mechanism by which the usage history and input record transmitted between the browser and the server is saved in a text file on the customer’s computer when he or she browses a web page. The cookies configuration varies according to the browser, so please check it by visiting the “Help” menu of the browser you are using.
Cookies information, etc. collected by third-party companies such as ad serving operators shall be handled in accordance with such third-party companies’ privacy policies.
- *Opt-out is the process by which a customer can prevent information about him/her from being identified as specific to a certain browser, by opting out of (refusing) cookies.
8．Safety management measures
Formulation of basic policy
・We have established this basic policy to ensure the proper handling of personal information and to inform you of our counter for handling questions and complaints.。
Development of discipline regarding the handling personal data
・Established personal information handling rules regarding handling methods, responsible persons / persons in charge, and their duties at each stage of acquisition, use, storage, provision, deletion / disposal, etc.
Organizational safety management measures
・Established a person in charge of handling personal data (personal information manager)
・Clarify the range of employees who handle personal data and the personal data handled by the employees
・Established a system for reporting and contacting the person in charge of personal information management when a fact or sign that violates the law or internal regulations is grasped.
・Regularly self-inspect the handling situations of personal information and conduct audits by other departments and the third parties.
Human safety management measures
・Implement trainings regularly for employees regarding the handling of personal information.
・Regarding the confidentiality of personal information is described in the work regulations
Physical safety management measures
・In areas where personal information is handled, we will control the entry and exit of employees and restrict the equipment they bring in, and take measures to prevent unauthorized persons from viewing personal information.
・Take measures to prevent theft or loss of devices, electronic media, documents, etc. that handle personal information.
・When carrying equipment, electronic media, etc. that handle personal information, including transfering it within the office, take measures to prevent revealing personal information.
Technical safety management measures
・Implement access control to limit the range of personal information handled by the person in charge
・Introduced a mechanism to protect information systems that handle personal information from unauthorized access or software from the outside
9．Disclosure of personal information
Purpose of use of personal information
Disclosure of personal information
Correction, addition or deletion of the contents of personal information
(*In the event that the details of the personal information are not factual.)
Suspension of use or deletion of personal information
(*When personal information is handled or acquired in violation of the law.)
Suspension of disclosure of personal information to a third party
(*In the event that the personal information is disclosed to a third party in a manner that violates the provisions of law.)
11．Inquiries concerning Member’s personal information may be directed to the following:
|Address||1-1-22 Isobe-dori, Chuo-ku, Kobe-shi, Hyogo, 651-0084 Japan|
Indication of the Hotel Group
- SOTETSU FRESA INN
- SOTETSU GRAND FRESA
- HOTEL SUNROUTE
(Hotels operated by Sotetsu Hotel Management Co., Ltd. and hotels operated through franchise and partnership agreements with Sotetsu Hotel Management Co., Ltd.)
- SOTETSU HOTELS THE SPLAISIR
- THE POCKET HOTEL BY SOTETSU
- SOTETSU HOTELS PARTNER HOTEL
(Hotels operated through partnership agreements with Sotetsu Hotel Management Co., Ltd.)
Additional rules applicable to the handling personal information of residents of EEA, the United Kingdom and the Kingdom of Thailand
Handling of personal informationRegarding the method and purpose of handling customer's personal information by the Hotel Group, the retention period, the type of customer's personal information handled by the Hotel Group, and the provision of customer's personal information to a third party, are as described in the privacy policies from 1to 6.
Legal basisThe fundamental legal basis underlying the use of personal information by the Hotel shall be the customer’s consent. The legal basis for use of personal information without the consent of our customers shall be the necessity to perform an agreement with a customer, the necessity to implement procedures as requested by our customers before executing an agreement, the necessity to pursue legitimate interests sought by the Hotel or a third party, or the necessity of the Hotel to comply with legal obligations. Legitimate interests sought by the Hotel or by a third party refers to an increase in operating profit through marketing and service improvements as well as the improvement of the convenience and security of the Hotel website.
Transfer of personal information to a third countryThe Hotel may transfer personal information collected in a country other than Japan to Japan or any third country (including countries for which the EU has not yet made an adequacy decision) for the purpose of performing an agreement with our customers or implementing procedures as requested by our customers before executing an agreement. When the Hotel transfers customers’ personal information to any third country, we will handle customers’ personal information by implementing appropriate security and confidentiality measures.
- Right of the customer to access his or her own personal information
The right to access personal information or attached information if the Hotel confirms that the customer's information is being used.
- Right to correct personal information
The right of the customer to correct inaccurate personal information.
- Right to delete personal information
The right of the customer to delete personal information under certain conditions.
- Right to limit the use of personal information
The right of the customer to limit the use of personal information under certain conditions.
- Right to file complaints about use of personal information
The right of the customer to file complaints about the use of personal information based on the legitimate interests sought by the Hotel or a third party.
- Right of data portability
The right of the customer to receive the personal data provided to the Hotel in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transfer the personal data to any business operator without interference from the Hotel.
- Right of the customer to access his or her own personal information
Filing of complaints to authoritiesOur customers may file complaints about the treatment of personal information by the Hotel with the authorities of the country, region or international organization in accordance with applicable law.
Personal information required for hotel stayThe Hotel requires the following information in order to provide accommodation services to its customers. In particular, items that must be recorded in a hotel register must be retained for three years under Japanese law. In some cases, the Hotel may not be able to provide accommodation services to customers who do not provide this information.。
- Basic information (such as name and telephone number)
- Items that must be recorded in the hotel register (Name, address, occupation, nationality, passport no, gender, age, etc.)
Personal information of childrenIf a person under the age of 16 provides personal information, such provision shall be made with the consent of a parent or guardian.
Automated decision making such as profilingThe Hotel shall not rely solely on automated processes such as profiling of personal information when making decisions.
To the customers who are residents of South Korea
To the customers who are residents of Republic of China (Taiwan)